Last updated: October 2018
1. INTENDED USERS The Services are not intended for use by any individual under the age of 18 or individuals who reside outside the United States or Puerto Rico. Emilie does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register on the Services. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted. Emilie is not a health care provider or insurance provider and the Services do not provide health care services of any type.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT Information We Collect From You
When you access the Platform, we may collect certain medical, health, behavioral, or other information in connection with your prescreening questionnaire. Once you have qualified to use the Services, you may register with the Services, at which point we may we collect certain personally identifiable information about you (“Personal Information”), including your name, email address, address, phone number, date of birth, and identification card information. Personal Information also includes the personal medical information which you choose to provide to us in your prescreening questionnaire or to otherwise use the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically We may collect certain information when you use the Services, including the following:
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION Emilie may use your information for the following purposes:
In addition, we may share aggregate or de-identified information with third parties on an anonymized basis. Aggregate or de-identified information is data we collect about a group of users, from which individual identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use the Service, or the results of such use, may be collected and combined with similar information from others, but no Personal Information will be included in the resulting aggregate or de-identified data. Aggregate or de-identified data helps us understand trends and user needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. You understand that we may commercialize aggregate or de-identified information by any and all means, and that you will receive no payment or other consideration in respect of such use.
5. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES You may exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information, or request access to your Personal Information, by contacting us at email@example.com or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you access the Platform, you may be asked whether you will allow us to access your location while you are not using the Platform and/or whether you would like to receive notifications on your mobile device. If you choose to “allow” this, but then would later like to opt-out, you may do so by updating the privacy settings on your mobile device.
9. INDIVIDUAL CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com. USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES The Services and the servers upon which the Services are hosted are located in the United States and are intended only to be used by individuals in the United States or Puerto Rico. If you do not reside in the United States or Puerto Rico, you are not authorized to use the Services.
If Emilie is unable to resolve your complaint, you can escalate the issue in accordance with the dispute resolution procedure set out in the “Arbitration and Class Action Waiver” section of the Terms of Service.
Emilie Scientific, Inc.
10 Hudson Yards 46th Floor
New York, NY 10001